Translate

Friday, December 6, 2013

Captain Morgan Limited Edition Sherry Oak Finish review

I've tried a lot of rum in my day, but none of them have prompted me to write a review. However, this one was so amazing, that I thought it warranted a little tlc. This is the perfect choice for holiday gatherings. Even people that are not big on liquor, will find this rum easy to drink, and enjoy the dark, yet not-too-heavy taste of it. It pairs easily with any kind of soda, or you can drink it straight up, and won't even cringe after the fact. 

First, I will talk about the smell, and initial taste of it. Normally, when you open bottles up, you can automatically detect a strong "rubbing alcohol" smell. It's over-powering, and it doesn't leave much to hope for, when it comes to the taste. This rum is different. It has a very mild, yet sweet aroma, that's not harsh at all. The taste is very deep, and you can taste the hint of oak, as well as the sweet sherry. It's a great combination, that makes your taste buds explode. 

My favorite part about this rum, is that the aftertaste is not overwhelming at all. I have found a lot of rums to have a bad aftertaste, and it's almost a deal breaker, when choosing one. Even if I like the rum, a bad aftertaste can kill it. The clean finish of this rum speaks volumes for its quality, and has been my main drive for writing this review. 

When I tried this rum, I had several cocktails throughout the night. However, the next day, I had no headache, and did not experience much of a hangover, as I have with other liquors. That is always a plus in my book. Nobody wants to pay the price for half the day after, for a few hours of fun. With this rum, you don't have to.  As far as price is concerned, you can purchase one of these bottles for about 23.99. That is the price of a middle- shelf liquor, but this liquor is clearly top-shelf quality. Keeping with the overall theme of my blog, I will say this is a classy girl's drink, and will likely be a conversation starter. Pick yours up, and be the life of this years Holiday Parties! Got a little captain in you? 



No comments:

Post a Comment