Translate

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Bizarre Beginnings




One might wonder, how does someone refer to themselves as a "bizarre barbie".
Well, it was not a name I came upon lightly. I've always wanted to be just a barbie...just a perfect, "all-American", blond, "trend-setter", with the perfect barbie body, despite my love for sweets and "comfort food", rich and happy--without a problem in the world. But, it took a lot of life experiences, and me turning 30 (sad face) to realize that that concept simply doesn't exist. She's a doll for crying out loud!!!! I had to accept the reality that the only "trend-setting" I am a part of is on the weekends when I get to wear business-casual clothes at work, instead of my navy blue uniform shirt (ugh navy). And my "perfect barbie body" has a few (or maybe more) imperfections, including but not limited to a butt so big I refer to it as needing it's own zip code. I'm far from rich, and I've discovered that happiness comes in little moments filled with meaning. And problems? Well--I don't really have problems, but I spend most of my days fixing others' "problems", and getting paid far less than a psychiatrist does for doing the exact same thing. But--life is, and always has been one big adventure for me, filled with passion....a lot of passion. I'm ruled by passion, and it reflects in everything that I do, and every emotion that I exert. That's where the bizarre comes in. Well, that and an angry letter to the CEO of a tanning salon that I felt "wronged me", but that's neither here nor there. So, this blog is not an overnight thing. It's something that I've wanted to do for a long time. It will be an "everything blog" with stories and pics from my "bizarre", everyday adventures. I can't wait to share! My first blog will be about the kittens (pics included), and I know you will love it!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment