Translate

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Does Paris have more babies?





I was thinking about the one lone kitten all day. cute as he was, I really wished he had little brothers and sisters to play with. It was actually bothering me. There must have been more. But what happened to them? The possibilities of what could have happened to these cuties made my heart hurt. What must "Paris"be going through as a mother, to only have one of her babies left. I just wanted to take "Paris" and "Blackjack" home, and make them my own. It would make me feel better knowing that they are safe, away from all the harmful things that nighttime brings about. They could spend cold nights cuddled up to "Bella" (my chocolate lab lover), instead of in cold bushes. I was thinking about the new editions to my family all day, right up until the point where I went back to the bushes where I had found Blackjack earlier, crying for help. I approached the bushes slowly, not to scare Blackjack or Paris. I started to hear a rustling in the bushes, so I stood perfectly still. "Blackjack" started to come out of the bushes first, being the fearless kitten he is. Then, I saw another black kitten come out behind him, then another....a gray kitten so small that she could barely stand up straight, but so beautiful, and perfect in every way. I picked the gray one up, and held her in my arms. She did not try to scratch or even make a movement, just sat still, looking up at me. This was the most awesome night ever. "Paris" was watching every move I made from a few feet away, but she seemed to trust me. I put more food in her bowl, and held the three kittens for a while. Then, I noticed that there was a fourth small black kitten, that was very shy, hiding in the bushes. He went to the very edge of the bushes, and would take small steps towards me, but then go back into the bushes. He's the only kitten that would not let me touch him, so I named him "Dice", because he doesn't like to take chances. I later named the small gray kitten "Queen", because she is so perfect, and all the other kittens seem to dote on her. Before it's all said and done, I will hold "Dice".


No comments:

Post a Comment